Saturday, August 1, 2009

Closing on the House

Yesterday our realtor called to tell us the paperwork was filed and the house in Idaho was no longer ours. I wasn't expecting the emotions I experienced. Sure, I was happy it was done and there was no more waiting to make sure everything worked out. I was happy a check would be deposited into our account. I was happy a nice family would be moving into our home and making it theirs. At the same time, I was really sad to see it go. I miss living there already! We made so many great memories there and that is where we brought Ethan and Dylan home from the hospital. Tom was baptized there and Logan worked through his speech issues, all under that roof. It is amazing how an inanimate object can evoke such feelings. I'm sure as we continue on this big project of making our new house into our home that I will feel less.......hmmm.....what exactly is it? sad? homesick? a sense of loss? Who knows! I hope everyone will welcome the new family in and make them feel right at home.

1 comment:

Ann Mitchell said...

After selling our land and moving, it was so hard when I drove buy and the house was gone!