Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Smoke

I woke up this morning thinking the boys had been playing with matches or the microwave or the oven. The smoke was THICK in our neighborhood. These pictures don't do it justice.

This one is the view out the back door. Usually the sun is shining and it's blue sky but today it is just smoke.
It's coming from the South. This shot is looking South to the neighbors house.


Another look out the backyard way. I called Gary a bit worried that I should be trying to find the things we didn't want lost in the fire. He started laughing and told me that in the morning when it is as cold as it is here at night (in the 40s) that the smoke will settle in the lowest area. I guess we are a bit lower in elevation than the fire itself. If the sun can burn through, we will lose the smoke, until tomorrow morning at least. Later this week, it's suppose to be windy so we won't have the same problem. The fire isn't too close to our house though so don't be too alarmed. It was really a wake-up call for me though!

2 comments:

Burrups said...

This made me chuckle. I would have thought the exact same thing. Have a great day!

Beasleys said...

Aironn,

I think it looks beautiful there...I am so jealous! What a fun adventure you guys have ahead of you. I hope you are enjoying it so far and things are starting to settle a bit. We miss you here!