Sunday, August 16, 2009

President's Visit

Okay, so I need to preface this post with a confession. I am not the best photographer. I thought I had the entire motorcade procession as it passed our house on video. Apparently I missed the whole thing because my camera wasn't on video yet. Go figure. Maybe the camera isn't a Democrat. There were tons of police cars, with sirens, and then just two or three black SUV's, one of which was carrying the President and his family. I guess I was anticipating a much larger procession or something. I don't know. Maybe I'll walk out to the road again this afternoon when he is leaving and try to get more video. His plane flew right over our house. Boy is it HUGE!
Flying right over our house. It is a big plane for our neck of the woods.

Thomas pointing at the motorcade coming. Actually it was one of two last checks the secret service and local law enforcement did before the motorcade came. Even our driveway had a dedicated policeman blocking access to or from our little neighborhood.


The motorcade is in the background behind the boys. Even though we may not be Democrats, it's still a historical event for these four boys! When would a President of the United States drive through Chubbuck?
The beginning of the motorcade. This is where I thought I was filming and had the entire procession on film. Whoops.

2 comments:

Katie Allen said...

ok I had no idea you had moved to AZ. Wow!!!
I'm glad I know your blog so I can keep up with you sometimes. Your boys are getting so big and what is up with starting school already. That's just crazy. We don't start for 10 more days. Cannon is counting down.

Irene said...

What a great experiance!!! Glad you got some pictures. Didn't know he was going to the Grand Canyon. I wonder some times if he even works as the pres. He's always off some where!