Saturday, August 8, 2009

What the Heck?


Driving to the market the other day, this is what I ran into in the parking lot. What the heck? Someone had a bit too much time on their hands with the old Christmas greenery and a glue gun. Yikes! The elk don't even run here it seems like when tourists stop or cars are driving by so I'm not sure why anyone would need this much camo.

On an unrelated note, I just heard on the news last night that we are getting a very special visitor to welcome us to our new home. President Obama and his family are coming next Sunday to Grand Canyon National Park. Yipeee. Can you sense the sarcasm? As if one million tourists thinking they are the only ones on the road on the way to church aren't enough. Now we get to deal with the Secret Service. Do you think they will cancel our church? Really, doesn't he want to visit somewhere like Disneyland on his vacation?


We woke up this morning to the cold of the mountains. I think it was suppose to get to 34 degrees last night and it is still cold in my house! If I didn't think we'd be hot this afternoon, I'd be looking for some wood for a fire or cranking up the heater. Seriously, freezing. The boys are all in sweatshirts or jackets and I haven't changed Dylan out of his warm jammies yet even though it's almost noon. I may be baking bread or cookies or something to start heating the house up a bit!

No comments: