Saturday, August 29, 2009

Is It Bendy?

Gary is very good growing plants. In Idaho, we had quite the collection on our plant shelves that I didn't touch - for their own good. We loaded them all into the back of the car and made the long journey to Arizona babying them along. During the last month, they've started to come out of their shock of the move and started to grow again, thanks to Gary's love. He waters them, checks them daily, and I think, wakes up at night to talk to them so they will grow again!

One of our favorites has been living in the kitchen and had finally greened up and stopped dropping leaves. It was coming around. Then this:


We questioned each of the boys who were all in denial until we threatened bed without dinner. That's when Ethan said, "It was probably me." Probably? Is he taking the fall for his brother, just hungry, or trying to be cute?

When we asked why he would do such a thing, he told us, "I wanted to see if they were bendy." Apparently seeing if one of the three were bendy wasn't enough. I laugh every time I see the sad plant. Do you think it will recover? Gary has the tops in water hoping they will grow roots to replant. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.



1 comment:

Irene said...

All I can say is..............It's all a boy thing!!! :):) I couldn't stop laughing...........