Thursday, August 27, 2009

Nap Time at O-Eight Hundred

Yep, it's nap time and it's only eight o'clock in the morning. Since we've been here, Dylan and Ethan have had a hard time sleeping past six in the morning. Most mornings they are up before that, especially Dylan. We've tried sending them back to bed. We've tried putting them in our bed to hopefully finish sleeping - which never, never works. We've tried running them like crazy all day so they will be exhausted and sleep a bit more. We've tried black-out curtains so the light won't wake them up. We've tried keeping them up late at night. We've tried and tried. Honestly, I'm not sure what else to try.

So, this morning at 7:15 they were already whining and tired and fighting with each other. I put them in bed. I am fully ready to have them nap right now. I'm not saying that either of them is asleep yet but, hey, I'm trying! I think a lot of Dylan's behavioral issues are because he is running on empty. The poor kid is exhausted so he is cranky and needy. If anyone has any ideas, please, please, please share! Gary and I are at our wits end here!

No comments: