Wednesday, June 18, 2008

UNO!

I need to start this post with a confession. I am not a game playing mom. I hate Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, Go Fish, pretty much any preschool game. So, even though we have most of them, we seldom play them. I think I may have some of my Grandpa Larson in me - Gary will say a bit more than some probably. If I am going to play a card game or board game, I am going to play to win. Tom and Logan are now old enough to start playing some card games and board games but Ethan is still a bit young so we still don't play that often. With Ethan being gone this week, I've tried to do things that we normally don't do.

That said, earlier in the week I picked up Uno from Walmart and we've just been waiting for a night to play. Tonight was the night. We sat down and cracked open the new decks. I went over a brief description and we started to play. Boy it was hard not to say, "What do you mean you have to draw!?! I can see a yellow and a three in your hand from here!" As the game went on though, they became better and better at figuring things out. Since I am a competitive card player, I didn't let them win. I won the first two games with Logan coming in second and Tom learning how to be a good sport. It isn't easy for him to lose either but we had a good talk about sportsmanship and enjoying the game. The last game Logan won so it was down to Tom and me. Let's just say Tom came in second the last game. It was fun to play an actual game with the boys.

Mom sent me some pictures of Ethan and his cousin Austin at Wheeler Farm. He's been having a great time in Utah but I am ready to have my little man home.


The boys and their Grandma! My guess is the boys are trying to get Grandma's nice white shirt as dirty as possible!




When you gotta go........Doesn't he have the cutest little bum?

Grandma said the water was like ice but Ethan loved playing in it.

Picnic time! Thanks Grandma for all the fun adventures with Ethan!

2 comments:

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

YOu are funny, I am the same way. We play memory a lot and I very seldom loose.

Burrups said...

I love reading your blog!! You guys crack me up. Very cute family you have!!