Friday, June 13, 2008

Oh What Do You Do In The Summertime?

Today is the day before Dylan's birthday party so I am in full stressed-out must make it perfect party mode. My poor family! It shouldn't be too bad. We have the presents purchased and I just need to wrap them now and make sure we have the correct size and amount of batteries. The cake has been chosen and I just need to pick up a few little things used for the decorations like green spearmint leaves (hello? where do you find such things?!?!?) and some green m&m's which we all know I can find easily. The house is relatively clean and now it's on to the car that we have been living in for the last few months. I'm pretty sure something is growing in there and if I hear Ethan say one more time that his window is dirty and we need a car wash, I'm going to scream! It's also the first decent day in weeks so I need to get out in the flower bed and plant some petunias after I take out the daffodils and tulip leaves. That is always relaxing for me and I love my flowers so..........I'm sure we'll squeeze in lunch at the park and a trip to the school supply store to pick up a homework book for Logan - yes, I know I am mean to make my kids do homework all summer long! Oh, and Ethan has his well-child check-up this afternoon at 3 so that should fill our day I think. No wonder mom's sleep so well at night!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Holy Crap!! how do you do it all? I wish we could make it for the Birthday party. I am telling you you guys need to move closer to family in UTAH!!!

Burrups said...

Wow! You have a lot to do. Just a reminder to be careful at the car wash. Remember your last experience? ha ha