Sunday, June 29, 2008

Disney Mom

I often give Gary a hard time about coming home from his fires and becoming Disney Dad. You know, the dad that does all the cool stuff with the kids. He takes them to the movie while I stay home with the baby. He takes them to shoot the BB gun while I stay home with the baby. He takes them to ........you get the picture. Gary isn't just a Disney Dad. He does discipline and help around the house and do so many things I don't even give him credit for. Anyway, this summer I've been trying to do more enjoyable things with the boys and not just chores and homework and cooking. This week we came to Utah to spend some time with family and have a bit of a summer vacation while Gary is off fighting fires. We got here late Thursday night and Friday was spent getting the boys ready for the Lehi Roundup Rodeo. It was a blast! The boys looked like little cowboys and loved every minute of it. Saturday we went to Cherry Hill water park in Farmington and had so much fun. We all ended up a bit sunburned even with all the sunscreen we thought we put on. Grandma, Aunt Sunnie, Uncle Brandon and cousins Connor and Austin came with us. Dylan stayed home with Aunt Amy and Uncle Kevin for the rodeo and Cherry Hill so I think everyone got spoiled. After Cherry Hill we had to hurry and get ready for Tom's birthday cake and ice cream party. Today we are taking it easy - or at least that was the plan. We decided to go for a bit of a hike through the gully behind Grandma's house. I put Dylan on my back and Grandma carried enough water for us and off we went. About 2 1/2 miles later we made it back. Did I mention it is almost 100 degrees here again today? Needless to say, we are one TIRED bunch of tourists today. I've decided it's really hard work being a Disney Mom. I may need to go back to being a regular mom soon before I collapse. I have one more week of Disney Mom though. We don't go home until after the 4th of July. We have the zoo, swimming pool, Tom's new inflatable slip and slide, fireworks, baseball game..........I'm getting tired just thinking about all the fun we are going to have this coming week! We're taking lots of pictures and will post them when we have a chance to hit the photo lab.

2 comments:

Burrups said...

Sounds like you are doing an awesome job being a Disney mom! Have fun and be safe!!
Kels

bestofthebishops said...

You are such a great mom! i think you know this already but i look up to you so much as a mother. thanks for inviting us to be part of the disney week! the zoo was so fun today!