Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kaci! You HAVE to Come Back!

As you all are probably aware, I spend four mornings a week at the ball field watching either Tom or Logan play. I'm not the only mom their and definitely not the only mom with other kids not playing. Last summer, I hired Kaci to babysit for me so I could watch the game and the boys that weren't playing could have time not at the ball park to enjoy summer. It was AWESOME! This summer Kaci is back. Tom can stay home now with Ethan and Dylan - who is usually sleeping during the games, so Kaci just comes two days a week.

Well, this week she had basketball camp in the mornings. I thought to myself, 'You are the mom and should be able to handle your own kids for two one hour games.' Yeah, right! It's been freezing and windy beyond belief all week which has given Ethan a cold and Dylan a serious case of grumpy-itis. This morning I rode the bike the three blocks to the park thinking that maybe one or both of the little ones would fall asleep in the trailer on the way there. Nope. The seat on my bike bottomed out half way there so I felt like I was riding Tom's bike and Dyl and E were both still wide awake and still very GRUMPY when we got there. It continued in a downward spiral until, after only 20 minutes, we loaded up and left Tom to finish playing on his own.

At first I felt guilty for getting someone to watch my kids all summer but after this week I only have one thing to say: KACI, COME BACK! It's good for my kids and good for my sanity and I don't think I could do it without her.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Kac is going to love this one! =)