Friday, June 6, 2008

Is He STILL Sleeping?

All of you with kids can relate to the desire to have them sleep in just a few more minutes in the morning. Especially during summer break or on a weekend. It seems like you have to pry them out of bed during the week for school but when they can sleep in, they are up before dawn. My boys are no exception. The house starts to come alive anytime after about six in the morning. It isn't always the same person that is up at that time, but one of them starts to stir about then.

This morning it wasn't really any different. The three big boys were up and at 'em bright and early. Gary and I had a late night at the ball park so I was still pretty much dead to the world when Gary came in to say goodbye at 7:30. At 8:30 I realized that I still hadn't heard from Dylan - who I depend on as an alarm clock. At 9:00 I cracked open his door to make sure no one had kidnapped him in the middle of the night and to see if he was breathing. At 9:15 I called Gary to see if he thought I should just wake him up. Go figure. He said,"Let the kid sleep." It's now 9:50 and still no Dylan. Boy is he TIRED! I think I'll give him until 10:00 and then I won't be able to take it anymore.

When you want them to sleep, they are up before the sun. When they are sleeping in, you can't get anything done because you are worried about why they are sleeping in so long and then you want to be quiet so they will be able to sleep a bit longer. KIDS!

2 comments:

Burrups said...

That is exactly what happens at my house too! They sure keep us on our toes.

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Isn't that the truth