Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dylan's Day

Today we celebrated Dylan's first birthday. Since it actually falls on Father's Day this year, we decided to jump the gun by a day. What a day! Grandma Larson, Aunt Sunnie and Uncle Brandon came up for the party and we had a great time. He wasn't really into opening his presents so thankfully he had three brothers ready and waiting for the green light to open them for him. Once they were open though he love every minute of it. He definitely is a toy kid. After playing with every noisy toy at once for what seemed like hours, we had some cake and ice cream. Dyl dove right in to the enormous piece of cake I put on his high chair. Some kids don't want to get their fingers dirty on their birthday but not Dylan! Green goatee and hands and cake bits EVERYWHERE. We didn't even dare risk taking him to the bathroom and opted to bathe him in the kitchen sink instead.

I still can't believe he is already a year old. He still seems to little to me. With the other boys I would stop using a bottle at a year but for some reason, he just doesn't seem old enough. Gary disagrees though. Maybe because he may be our last one and I'm not ready for him to be big yet or maybe because he has a smaller build than Ethan did at his age, I don't know. He has such a funny personality; full of fire and spunk and laughter and silliness. He says about four words sort of: Dad, Mom, Bra (which really means brother and it doesn't matter which one!), and now Hi! whenever Gary comes in the door from work. He still only has 3 1/2 teeth and refuses to walk unless you are holding BOTH of his hands. You can let go of one hand after you get started but he won't go anywhere unless you give him both hands. He did take one step on his own today though! I love him so much and I'm so glad he joined our little family. I'm excited to watch his personality unfold more and more in the coming year.

2 comments:

Burrups said...

He is so cute!! I can't believe he is a year either.

Dani said...

Happy Birthday Dylan!
I can't believe he's already a year...I think the last time I saw him was after he was born... I need to visit pocatello more often!!