Monday, June 16, 2008

The Beginning of Fire Season

Gary got his first fire call-out today and is headed south to Escalante, Utah. The first time he gets called out each summer is an adjustment period for the whole family. I always have a list of things I'm going to get done while he's gone and I usually get a lot done the first week. By the second week, I am ready for him to be home and my productivity goes WAY WAY down. We'll see how this tour goes. Ethan went to Grandma's for the week so I just have the three boys. Dylan is teething and fighting a cold that Ethan gave him as a goodbye present so I think we'll be spending a lot of time here at home but with baseball and life, the time should pass pretty quickly. I also bought a new bike today so we should be having quite a few bike rides in our future! The bike was my cure for gas prices and my out of shape body. We'll see how it works. I have to say, I'm missing my little 3-year-old! He's having a great time with Grandma though and it gives me a little more one on one time with Tom and Logan. I can't believe how much easier everything is with three kids now that I'm used to four! I wouldn't trade four for anything though. They are great boys with such individual sweet personalities.

1 comment:

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Let's go for a bike ride. I am ready.