Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Playing Hard

Tonight Tom and Logan and I did something that is usually reserved for just Gary and his boys. We went to the movies. My friend took Dylan for me (thanks again Leslie!) and we headed off to the theater. After two kids combo and one big kid combo for me, we headed into the movie. There were two other families in there so there were PLENTY of good seats left. Logan was in front so he got to pick where we sat. After we had passed the halfway point, I told him to just find a good row. It took some convincing but we got out of the front row even though that seems to be the best seat in the house when you are six and eight. It was really fun to have a night out with two of my biggest boys. We saw the movie Nim's Island and it was pretty good. I decided that I need to take more opportunities to just have fun with the kids this summer. It seems like it is too easy to get busy doing all the things grown-ups need to do and not have enough time to do the fun things kids need to do with their parents. Tomorrow I really just need a day at home though so it looks like a fight-to-the-death UNO game is in our immediate future. I'm trying to do all the things that are a bit hard for Ethan to do since he is at Grandma's still - yes, I am missing him like crazy now especially since Aunt Amy posted all these great pictures of him on her blog! - and it is giving Tom and Logan and I a chance to bond over things we can all enjoy. I know that for me at least, all this hard playing is EXHAUSTING!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Tom and LoBear are loving the time together as much as you are. What i wouldn't do to have the days and time to go back and hang and play with my parents again. YOu just got yourself mother of the year award.