Monday, May 19, 2008

Random Thoughts

So there I was, sorting the laundry again, when what do I find half way down in Tom and Logan's basket? Two - yes that is TWO - shirts complete with hangar and one pair of socks still folded neatly together. So, my questions are these: How did I not see the top of the hangar sticking up by their necks as they walked out the door to school and when did they get so good at folding socks together after they have worn them?!?! I'm SURE they didn't put clean clothes in the laundry for me to wash because we've had more than a few conversations about this ending with their solemn promise to NEVER and I mean NEVER put clean clothes in there!

In retaliation for the clean clothes I found, I decided to give each of them three good size chores to make up for the three pieces of clothing. Logan's first job is to wipe down both bathrooms for me. The kid is amazing at bathrooms when he wants to be. I give him a can of Lysol wipes and he goes to town. After about 15 minutes, I decided to check on him and found that not only had he wiped everything down in his bathroom, but he decided to use hand towels and washcloths to cover every inch of flat surfaces like the sink counter and the top of the toilet tank. I know he means well and it did bring a smile to my face.

Different random subject. Logan has taken to listening to music lately and will sit in the car to listen if I leave it running for some reason. Tim McGraw happens to be our favorite artist lately and we both sing along loudly. Today at the dreaded Wal-Mart I decided we should increase our Tim McGraw library which consisted of one CD so we bought the greatest hits collection. AWESOME two-disk set and so far it rocks. We actually went the very long way home today so we could listen to a few more songs with Ethan telling us to turn it down because he wanted to sleep. The boys make me laugh.

Dylan is loving life outside these days. He wants to be down on the grass but lately doesn't want his knees to touch so he walks along on his hands and feet. It is funny to watch. He actually stood by himself for about one minute today without me holding his hands. Once is confidence builds, he'll be running around I'm sure.

Tom is almost done with second grade and I can't believe he is that old. He has the funniest grin lately with one of his top teeth still gone and the other one coming in slowly. He's turning into quite the little athlete with soccer and baseball almost every night. For Cub Scouts he needed to make a collection of something and Gary and Tom decided to collect rocks from streams around Pocatello. The last two Sundays we have gone for a ride to get rocks from ten different streams. Watching Gary and Tom walk off to the stream together makes me realize just how big he is getting. Somehow they managed to get ten rocks without falling in once which is a miracle because they wouldn't accept rocks from the stream bank, it had to be in the stream. Boys.

No comments: