Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Logan's Big Day

So, it's official. Logan graduated from Kindergarten! He was so cute sitting up there singing his heart out for the program. They sang about six or seven songs, complete with shimmies and shakes at the appropriate time. One of the songs ended with the kids blowing a kiss to the crowd. Logan warned me several days earlier that he would definitely NOT be participating in this part of the song. Sure enough, he held out and NO kiss left his mouth for the program. He is WAY WAY too cool for that.

Grandma Larson came up from Utah for the program and Gary took the morning off of work so he felt pretty cool I think. After the program we wanted to take him home but he was SOOOO sad we weren't letting him ride the bus. I use to hate riding the bus! I had to promise him that I wouldn't pick him up the rest of the year for him to ride home with us. He got to pick where we went for lunch and picked Burger King. The only problem was it was 10:30 a.m. Gary drove around for a while and at about 10:50 we finally parked and went in. We had to wait ten minutes for them to start serving lunch, not breakfast, but it was worth it to make his day a bit more special. I never thought I would be eating lunch at 11:00 and thinking that it was perfectly normal!

He asked me the other day about first grade and as the conversation progressed, I realized he thought first grade would start tomorrow. I had to tell him he still had about a week left of Kindergarten even after graduation. I think he's on board with that now but it took some convincing. He thought I just didn't understand what he was asking or that I didn't know how his school worked. The kid makes me laugh.

I can't believe two of my boys will be in school all day next year and that Tom will be in THIRD grade. It doesn't seem like Logan should be old enough for first grade yet. I called on preschool for Ethan next year too. Three in school. WOW! Hard to believe. I'm really proud of all Logan accomplished this year in Kindergarten. He really gave his best effort and mastered everything that came his way. I think I'll try to teach him to read more fluently this summer. The kid can do ANYTHING that he sets his mind to. I sure do love him!

1 comment:

Burrups said...

Doesn't time just go way to fast? I have a 7th grader next year and want to cry every time I think about it. That is hilarious that he didn't blow the kiss.