Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Ethan!








Today Ethan turns three and part of me can't believe he's already three while the other part is having a hard time realizing he isn't already four! The kid is - in his own words - incredible and amazing. Most days I love spending time hanging out with him and enjoying all he says and does. You NEVER, and I mean NEVER, know what is going to come out of his mouth next. He has a fun and energetic personality that is full of questions. Sometimes I swear I can see him actually absorbing the knowledge around him. One of his favorite words right now is, "Why?" and believe me, he uses it a lot! Don't get me wrong, I don't have the perfect child more than anyone else does. He has a wicked screech/scream thing he does whenever he doesn't get his way or whenever Logan is near. He is also the bossiest three-year-old I know but some how his personality makes all that go away in a few minutes. I asked Gary last night as we were going to bed what he thought Ethan would learn in the next year and both of us just started to laugh. One of those laughs that meant we weren't sure we were prepared to teach him all he would be ready for. From learning to spell his name and repeating his phone number to having a definite opinion on his wardrobe, this kid is full of it!




Ethan, we love you and love having you as part of our little family. You bring joy and love to everyone around you and we hope this next year will be full of fun memories for you!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday little guy, you were so cute to talk to on the phone this morning, it made my day. it was a good choice to call you early this morning. You always crack me up, and make me so happy, and I hope that calic in your hair remains with you for life.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Cute little guy, tell E Happy Birthday.