Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote Vote Vote

Today is election day. It's been a very long campaign this year it seems like. The sad thing is that by the time today finally came around, I had had enough of everything political and partially voted just to make it all stop! It was fun this year to talk politics with Tom a bit. He had been studying some of the candidates in school and would ask Gary and I questions.

I want to instill in my children that voting is a privilege that not everyone has. I am very grateful to live in a country that - even though it gets off track now and then - is run by the people and for the people. We are truly blessed to be able to just run down to the neighborhood precinct and cast a vote in a matter of minutes without the worry that someone will attack us outside the door or that, by voting for whom we like, we may be killed later like so many countries around the world.

So, whatever your party or political views, go vote!

2 comments:

Laura said...

wait it only took you minutes to go vote??? you lucky dogg!

Lisa said...

I was fortunate to early vote last week. Now I am staying away from the TV until before I go to bed. I too am tired of the campaign....glad it's almost over!!