Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Dreaded Note from School

Yesterday, Gary took the volunteering shift in Logan's class. Last week, Logan made it perfectly clear he wished I was anywhere but in his classroom with all his friends. That kid. Gary surprised Tom and Logan at lunch and luckily they eat at the same time so Gary only had to eat one school lunch, not two.

Anyway, when Gary came home he told me that Logan had to stay in from recess to write a note to us. It went something like this:

Dear Mom and Dad,
Yesterday most of the boys in the class were not very nice to the substitute and it was partly my fault. I am sorry and I will be better.
Love,
Logan

I'm grateful for a teacher who would make them sit down and write a note to us and then send us a letter explaining what went on during class. We had to sign the note and send it back with Logan. Hopefully he learned his lesson and won't be one of the crowd anymore!

No comments: