Friday, November 7, 2008

Now? He Wants a Pacifier Now?

None of my boys have been pacifier boys. Not for our lack of trying either. We put them in, they spit them out, repeat. We did this for quite a while. I think we spent a small fortune on different types of pacifiers trying to find one with the shape and size the boys liked to no avail.

About two weeks ago I came across a pacifier in the church diaper bag and since I was trying everything I could to get Dylan to be somewhat manageable for the last hour of Primary, I gave it to him to play with. He loves to play with them now. He'll walk around at home with one we found here and have it in his mouth or he'll pull it out while biting it with his teeth to make the cool popping sound he likes.

Gary and I think it's funny and since he doesn't use it to suck on for comfort, we let him have them. It is amusing to us that at almost 18 months old, the time most pacifiers are disappearing, Dylan has finally discovered them.

2 comments:

West Family said...

I tagged you and i guess i am supposed to leave you comment telling you that i did - check out my blog for the rules. thanks!

Burrups said...

That is really funny! They just have minds of their own and do what they want huh! My first two took a pacifier so well that I thought all babies just naturally took them. Then with the last three not even for a second. Crazy huh!