Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Bathroom

After living in our home for almost seven years, we REALLY needed to do some cosmetic fixes to the boys bathroom. For anyone who has ever potty trained three boys, you'll understand what I mean. Bleach based cleaners really only go so far. Between the potty training and the tub splashing, the baseboards needed to be replaced which meant Gary had to remove the toilet. While we were at it, I suggested we paint the whole bathroom and really freshen it up. So yesterday, Veteran's Day Holiday, we jumped in. I picked a light but bright blue color and with the white trim, tub, and toilet, it really pops. I have to say, I really like it! Today is just touch up for the paint color and tomorrow I will touch up trim and paint the trim that we didn't have to replace. It's amazing what $40 in supplies will do for a bathroom. It practically looks new! Now we just need to decide if the boys will EVER be allowed back in there again.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I know what you mean! We already had to replace the toilet seat because, well, you know....Gross!!

Burrups said...

I love projects like that. They aren't expensive but make a world of difference. I bet it looks great!