Monday, September 8, 2008

What's for Dinner?

A few months ago, I stumbled upon this GREAT recipe on the Notes From the Trenches blog. It has become one of my favorites. Not only is it cheap and easy, it tastes good too. We are having it tonight again and I can't wait for it to cook. I'll call it Chicken and Black Bean Tacos.

Boneless, Skinless Chicken - the amount you need to feed your family
Black Beans - I use one can for every 4 chicken breasts
Salsa - I use one pint for every 4 chicken breasts
Grated Cheese - we put this on individually due to our lactose intolerant little ones.

Put the first three ingredients in your crock pot and cook all day on low or about 4 hours on high. The chicken should just fall apart when you shred it. Put it in tortillas and top with cheese. YUM! You can also add some rice to it before serving to stretch it out even further. The juice from the chicken and salsa mix in nicely with the rice and give it a Spanish flair. Hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you try it and what your family thinks.

3 comments:

bestofthebishops said...

air
this one sounds great. i think we will have it tomorrow for dinner. thanks for sharing!

Dani said...

I love that recipe!! My mom got it from somewhere just recently and shared it with me. Like you said...it's easy, cheap, and goes in the crock pot! You can't beat that!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect...was just wondering what to make for dinner.

It is in the crockpot now!!!