Friday, September 12, 2008

Football - Way More Intense Than I Thought!

It's been a few days since I've posted but I've been meaning to write about my first flag football game experience. Let me start off by saying that I wasn't prepared in the least.

Gary was out of town on a burn so I took Tom to his game. Luckily, I left the other boys home with a sitter. When I showed up, I ran into a mom that I knew from Utah - we were actually in the same ward growing up but she was a few years younger I think. WHOA! She was REALLY into this flag football thing. I figured that she was just a bit excited. NOPE! We have quite a few moms on the team that are really into every aspect of the game from holding the down markers to critiquing jerseys to discussing the best photographer to get the action shots.

I, naively I realize now, thought that this would be similar to soccer, baseball, or basketball. You go to the game and cheer the team on. You even cheer for the other team when they do something great. You get to catch up with the other moms sitting on the sidelines and everyone is like a big family. I was sitting between Anna McDonald and Jen Muhonen and we did spend some time chatting but all the while we were getting dirty looks from other parents. Whoops! I thought at eight, it would be more fun than intense but from the looks of it, I better start getting more into football and start watching for those scouts out looking for the next break-out star!

4 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

Oh gosh!!! Cracks me up!!! Some people!!!

Dani said...

Well, they could have just been looking at you because you were sitting by Jen...
=)

Angie said...

That's how it was when AJ played football. Were all the parents standing up following the kids? That drove me crazy because you always had somebody standing in front of you!! I'm hoping Tyler stays with soccer.....

Burrups said...

Too funny! I know exactly how you feel because I have seen quite a bit of that too.