Thursday, September 4, 2008

Is It REALLY Time Again?

After what seems like way too short of a break, it's once again time to start the sports seasons back up.

Yesterday Logan had his first soccer practice. I had threatened him with his life that if he didn't play his hardest instead of the way he played most of the season last year, so help me...........

Wa-La! Totally different kid out there this season. At least for the first practice. He had promised that he wanted to play again and that he would actually play this time and I guess I didn't give him enough credit. He was actually playing and looking like he enjoyed it. He has another practice on Friday and then their first game on Saturday. Two practices a week, an hour a piece and a game. Are we ready for this again?

Tom also had his first practice yesterday but this time it was for flag football. We missed the team meeting because of the fair so I found out about practice about 45 minutes before it was suppose to start. Apparently football is WAY more intense. They will have practice Monday through Thursday for 1 1/2 hours! If there happens to be a game on practice night, then they will skip practice though. Really? Like I was going to make my eight year old practice for over an hour and play a game for an hour on top of it?!?!?! When is the poor boy suppose to do homework or scouts or piano that I thought I'd start teaching them next week?

Oh, I forgot to mention that soccer and football practices overlap and are nowhere near each other. It's a good thing football is within walking distance of the house so Tom can just take care of himself because until they have started cloning moms, it's just me here and I can only be in one place at a time! How do you mom's of more than two athletes do it? I have two more on their way to practices and games and running around and..... YIKES!

3 comments:

Burrups said...

I hear ya! How do you squeeze it all in. Bo's practic goes over 2 hours 4 days a week and then a game on Sat. Crazy huh! I am so glad Logan is doing great in soccer this year.

The Gray Gang said...

Aironn, HEY!!!! Oh my goodness how are all of your boys!!! Miss you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Crock pot meals or take out anyone? If not the standby of grilled cheese and tomato soup works...of course with adjustments for the lactose issues. Of course a bowl of cereal works too!

Good luck!!!

Love you and wish I were close enough to see them play.