Monday, September 15, 2008

I Feel Stranded!

This summer, as some of you will remember, I had a little incident with my car and the tire tread. Well, the time finally came to get the body work done. It's been driveable and you couldn't see most of the damage so we didn't have to get right in to the shop. Finally, my week looked slow enough that I could schedule it and yesterday Gary and I dropped it off at the shop.

It's interesting how stranded you feel when you don't have your car of choice! I have the purple truck but I don't drive that very often and it won't fit more than three so we won't be using it much. Today I have two little neighbor boys so we all will be staying close to home. No McDonalds for lunch for us! To top it off, Gary left for a prescribed burn today and won't be home until late tomorrow night so I am here with no car and no husband! How did they do this before most families had two cars?

I realize I will be getting the car back by Wednesday most likely because the guy running the shop already painted the bumper and made sure all the parts were in when he found out we didn't have rental car insurance. He has been terrific to work with and does a great job. If any of you need some repairs made, I highly recommend Brent at Flatline Autobody! He's done work for us before and it is always on time and for the price he quoted.

OK, I'll quit whining now and get back to work. We'll be fine I'm sure. It's only a couple of days and it will be nice to be home getting things done around here!

2 comments:

Dani said...

I know how you feel... and I'm sure it's worse when you have kids. Out here we just have one car and on the days that Chase has it I hate it! There's always something or some place I feel like I need to go or do, but can't because I'm stranded at the apartment... But then on days I have it, I usually just stick around the apartment anyways!

Beasleys said...

Aironn,

Yeah...I found your blog...something new for me! I understand the stranded feeling and driving truck! When Jeremy goes to Logan he takes the van and I am left two choices...stay home or take the beast!