Monday, September 22, 2008

Time For New Shoes?

We (Dylan, Ethan, and myself) were just getting ready to head out the door this morning to run some errands and I was waiting ever so not patiently for Ethan to decide which pair of shoes he would like to wear when this conversation happened:

E: I chose my army guy shoes (camo crocks) because I love them. They are army and they don't hurt.

Me: Do other shoes hurt?

E: Yeah, those ones (his school shoes that are still practically new looking). You tie them and my toes go, "OW!" And my garden boots make owies on my nipples.

Me: (trying not to laugh hysterically when I realize nipples is really ankles) We'll have to get you some new shoes buddy.

5 comments:

Burrups said...

I am laughing hysterically!! He is so cute!! The things kids say.

Dani said...

haha, that's too cute!

I'm so excited to get to know them all better next week... it'll be way fun!!

West Family said...

i am laughing out loud all by myself! thanks!

Laura said...

Nipples!!!! he is a boy for sure!! I miss the boys like crazy,, reading these stories makes me miss them worse, E and I have a lot in common i have a feeling, not to scare you or anything.

bestofthebishops said...

oh you have the funniest 3 year old! i love that boy. i think you could record many of the things he says and make a book! funny!!