Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tom's Day

Tom and I had so much fun yesterday on our "date." We ate lunch, talked about his friends, talked about school, shopped for school stuff, found a new game for the wii they bought, and capped it all off at the orthodontist. It was so nice to spend time with just him. I think we'll make it an annual tradition if not once a month! I caught myself thinking about how easy it would be to check him out of school at lunch break and just go to lunch together and then get him back to school in time for class - anything to get time with just the two of us.

He cracked me up at one point. I looked in the rear view mirror and he was sitting there in his seat belt with the window down and his arm resting comfortably on the window opening. I told him I couldn't believe how big he had gotten and that it felt like yesterday that I was bringing him home in the infant car seat. He grinned at me and said, "Yeah. I remember that. It was so much fun." Love the kid!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I wish we just got more time with all of your boys. Ray and I always seem to talk for hours about the random comments, and conversations we always end up having with you boys. so are so in depth, well thought out. Some are just blown out of outter space. we love them all. I can't wait to see you all Next Thurs.

Burrups said...

OOOHHH! How fun to spend time with just him. He is so cute!

Dani said...

=) I wish I had that good of a memory!