Monday, July 21, 2008

Nieces and Nephews

My brothers have kids that I really don't get to see very often because of where we live. Thank goodness my sister has been trying to see all the grandkids this summer so I've spent more time with them than in years past. This last Saturday I got to pick up two of my nieces, Demi and Taylee, and bring them from Burley to my house for a night until Sunnie could come and pick them up. It was a spur of the moment thing and no one was expecting them to be able to come, much less end up here and I loved every minute of it.

The girls weren't expecting to go to church with us because they thought they would be camping with Sunnie and Brandon so off we went to the mall in search of dresses. WOW! It was much harder than I thought! There was one rack of dresses at Sears and one at JC Penney. Thank goodness they each found one they liked because we only had 20 minutes before the mall closed.

The next hurdle was Sunday hair. As much fun as it is to try and do girl hair, I am even more thankful that I have four boys. I don't know how all of you with girls EVER make it anywhere on time when hair is involved. By some miracle, we made it to church on time with six kids.

Sunday night my nephew, Chase, came to visit for a few days en route to Grandma's house. He's a bundle of energy and so much fun for the boys to have around. I just hope city life doesn't bore him to tears, much less playing with boys several years younger than him!

1 comment:

Laura said...

HOw fun for you to shop in the girls section. Don't worry i know how you feel, I often wonder how anybody does anything with kids, it takes just 20 mins getting them loaded in the car let alone dressing them, doing hair and feeding them. My day would be spent just after that much