Thursday, July 31, 2008

Logan's Day

Yesterday was Logan's day with Mom. I call it our date. He got to pick where we would have lunch and once I let him know it was not limited to our usual fare of fast-food, he settled on Sizzler. He loves shrimp and they have a great kid's meal with shrimp. When we walked in, I was pretty sure we were the only ones under about 70 in the place. I guess there is a rush at 11:30 but not from our age group.

He picked a booth - one of the largest ones in the place even though there were just the two of us. Then he wanted to sit together on one side of the table. Once I told him that he would have more room to spread out his food, he switched sides. Not the smartest on my part. I should have taken advantage of snuggling him in tight. I'll learn.

The food came and we dove in. While we were eating we talked about school starting and who he did and didn't want in his class next year. When I finished and he was mid-way through his meal, I began telling him the story of his birth. He actually hung on my every word which doesn't happen that often! We finished and left to go school shopping.

It didn't take long to get the school supplies and things at Wal-Mart, that is until he was choosing which t-shirt he wanted. He made me laugh. It had to be just so. A cool shirt that was totally boy that all his friends would like. Finally, after much deliberation and searching, he settled on a BRIGHT orange "Master Yoda" shirt that also glows in the dark. I guess he isn't as old as he would like to to believe! :) The glow in the dark feature was the winning point.

All in all we had a great day together. I really would like to do these more often. Maybe a day during Christmas to shop individually. I wasn't sure how much Logan really enjoyed himself until Gary told me late last night that he talked about it several times throughout the evening while I was at Bunko. Next week is Ethan's day and, like most things with Ethan, it should be an adventure!

2 comments:

Burrups said...

That is so sweet! What a great idea to have the one on one time. Love it!!

Anonymous said...

While Logan was at my house I ask him what he got for school on his date with mom. The only thing he could remember was the glow in the dark shirt! He is quite excited to wear it the first day of school.