Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Report Cards

Today is report card day. The day I didn't even think about before Tom had the teacher he had last year. Grades always came easy before that for Tom and Logan. Then came the second grade crash. This year Tom has a great teacher that has spent countless hours helping him catch back up and, more importantly I think, get excited about learning and school again. What a difference a teacher makes.

They were both so excited to show me their report cards today and both are doing great. Tom has steadily improved throughout the year and this time was no different. He got his first "O" of the year and almost every other subject also improved. Before last year's problems, he almost always got "O"s but he has worked so hard this year to improve again and I am so proud of him. I keep looking at his report card and smiling.

School comes easy for Logan. It's amazing how different two boys raised by the same parents in the same house can be. His report card is the exact same as last semester with all "O"s and one "G" so I couldn't be happier. School is such an important part of life and I hope we are instilling in the boys that it is rewarding to learn and do your best.

GOOD JOB TOM AND LO!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Tyler raised 2 of his grades up too! I was so happy. I did a bad thing and bribed him with a phone....great....I might be in trouble. I didn't think he would do that good! I might have to raise the bar for the last report card :)