Friday, April 17, 2009

The Beginning of a Couple CRAZY Weeks

Today is the start of me losing my mind. If you see me or any of my children aimlessly wandering the streets in the next few weeks, feel free to help us back home and if this is the last post for a few weeks, you'll understand, I hope.

Gary leaves for Texas today and from there he'll head to Tucson. He'll be gone a couple of weeks which is pretty normal for us to deal with. The part that gets crazy is the boys and their schedules the next few weeks.

Tom and Logan are both playing soccer and baseball. In addition, I was silly enough to sign the three oldest up for swimming for this month. Thank goodness swimming ends in a couple weeks. So, when you have four teams with practices and games and one parent available to help it gets a bit hectic. Add to that the croup that Ethan came down with on Monday and still hasn't recovered from, and a fevering eternally teething 22 month old, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to cross over to crazyville.

Tonight we are living in the car and eating out of our lunch boxes. Logan has baseball practice at 4:00, soccer practice at 5:00 and Tom finishes the night with baseball practice at 6:00. To add to the excitement, all three events are at different locations. I had Gary put the DVD player in the car before he left and we'll stock up on travel food. If anyone has any good eating in the car recipes, I'd love it if you'd share!

There is a positive spin. We will be so busy that Gary will be home before we realize he's gone!

2 comments:

Angie said...

And I thought I was losing my mind! Soccer is going to become a fall sport for us. Nice seeing you at baseball practice and soccer pratice tonight....and our kids are on totally different teams! Todd totally forgot we have 2 soccer games tomorrow and he's a coach! Good luck the next couple of weeks!

Lisa said...

Yikes, Aironn! You will be a very busy mom. At least Gary is coming down to some beautiful weather!!! Where is he at?