Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snowboarding Anyone?



We are not skiers or snowboarders in this house. We don't own skis or, until Christmas break in Utah, snowboards. When we went to Utah for the Bishop Christmas party, Uncle Kevin gave Tom a snowboard he had picked up in one of his travels and Uncle Ray taught Tom to use it. Tom was awesome. He acted like he had always done it. Sure, he crashed - a lot - but he always got back up, undid his bindings and hiked back up the hill to try it again. I tried it and it was HARD! I think I may have made it three feet for my biggest run.


4 comments:

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Hey I would love to go snowboarding. Happy Birthday a few days ago by the way.

Lisa said...

Good job, Tom! My little girl watched this video over and over, concerned that he was hurt.

Burrups said...

He did so great! I am not sure I would even try it.

The Gray Gang said...

Been there done that!!! Snowboarding is hard on the body! You're awesome Tom! I've gone a dozen times and I don't think I've ever gone that far in one try!! I think I'll stick to sledding! Brainless easy, and SOMETIMES less traumatic for the body!