Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Logan (and Grandpa Larson)!

Today is Logan and my Dad's birthday. Yep, Logan was born on my Dad's birthday. It's a special day around here. Logan has been counting down the days until his birthday since Christmas - really. Yesterday afternoon I asked Gary if he had mentioned it because I hadn't heard him say anything about it being is birthday-eve. Gary replied, "Not in the last 30 minutes at least."

His excitement for his birthday sums up Logan's personality. He lives life to the fullest every minute of every day. He plays hard, sleeps hard, fights hard. He is such a passionate little man. He is either on or off, hot or cold, mad or extremely happy. We love that passion in him - most of the time. He is the kindest, sweetest little boy ever, when he wants to be. I've loved watching him this past year learn to really read. He reads everything now. I'm constantly reminded what all the street signs say and what the speed limit is. He loves spending time with his friends and even his brothers most of the time but he isn't afraid of himself and enjoys his alone time. He says he's scared of the dark so he has more night lights than the airport runway but then he burrows himself under his covers until no light gets through. That's Logan. Those are just a few of the reasons I love him so much. He is amazing and I am excited to watch this next year's growth. I love you Logan!

1 comment:

The Gray Gang said...

Oh my goodness, I don't think I would of even recognized him if I ran into him! Where is little boy who was falling off of bar stools and hitting his head, and who wouldn't TALK if the world depended on it! Thats the little Logan I remember! Happy Birthday LOGAN!