Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Melancholy

I usually like to be upbeat in the posts about our crazy hectic life but today is just a melancholy day. The snow is heading our way - again, it's FREEZING, Gary left for Florida for a month, and our sweet dog, Kyssa, isn't going to be with us much longer. The whole thing makes me a bit melancholy. So, in order to shake myself out of this, I thought I'd list some things that we can be grateful for here in the Bishop household.

I'm grateful that Gary has a job, even if it does take him away from home occasionally and that he is in a location that he will be able to call home almost every day.

I'm grateful for the ten great years Kyssa has given us and for his sweet temperament even with the four little people we have brought into his world. He has never been ornery with any of them.

I'm grateful for four sweet faces that are home with me that each have their unique personality and funny things they say each day. Today Dylan was shopping with me at the mall and when I was trying on some clothes, he was making faces at himself in the mirror and trying to reach his reflection to give that cute little boy knuckles!

I'm grateful for friends and neighbors that keep me busy and help me out so much every day.

I'm also grateful for the little things like chocolate! Come on, I am a girl after all!

The good news is I've DVR-ed several girl movies to watch in the coming weeks while he's out of town. Nothing like snuggling in on a cold winter night to watch Hallmark movies!

I'm also thinking I need to go to a movie while he's gone and see Australia. Has anyone been? How was it? Is it worth it? Does anyone want to join me for a yet-to-be-determined girls night out?

2 comments:

Laura said...

I teared up when i read about Kyssa. He is in all of our hearts, he is the one that started that Lab trend in the family. Ray always talks about the first time he met Kyssa and his kisses had to be shared with all. Dogs are kids, especially to this family. He will always be remembered. Good luck with everything, and let me know how the movie is, i have been wanting to see it as well.

Irene said...

Our pets leave good lasting memories for all of us. Kyssa is a sweetie. Love him.
If you don't get to the movie maybe we can rent it when it comes out and have a movie night.