Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to School

I don't remember my parents being stressed out about which teacher we had in school. There were no meetings with the principal, no requesting a specific teacher, no worrying that you won't get into "the" kindergarten-first-second-etc class. It seems like lately the stress level is high enough that you would think it affects which college they go to. YIKES!

I just registered Tom and Logan for school again and found out that Logan didn't have the teacher I thought he would have and then discovered that his circle of friends all did have that teacher. I stressed and stressed and then called the school to see if I could switch. After last year and the nightmare of second grade, we need a good year. Even though I am a college graduate, calling the Principal's office still makes me nervous - like I'm in trouble. Mrs. Herdt was and always is great and made a switch with no problem. Crisis averted. This time anyway!

1 comment:

Burrups said...

I am glad you got him switched. I had to do the same thing last year and it ended up turning out great!