Monday, December 1, 2008

The Smell of New Babies

Thanksgiving was great. We went to my mom's house in Highland, Utah and spent the day with almost all of my siblings. My youngest brother and his family came over on Friday night, so in the end we got to see all my siblings and thier kids. It was great. My boys love love love spending time with cousins and since my brother lives there with his X-box, and my mom has her Wii, and there is a pool table and movie room, there is seldom any complaining that there isn't anything to do, even if the weather is cold and wet. We had a great time visiting with family and playing games as well as eating yummy food.

Friday, we got to go over to Gary's brother Kevin and his wife Amy's house to visit. They have a cute little 2 1/2 year-old, Cohen, and a brand spankin' new baby, Truman. I have been waiting for two weeks to snuggle into that little man and finally got to meet him Friday night. He is so adorable and there is something about the whole new baby smell. They hold so still and love to have you snuggle them in. Watching each of my boys hold and cuddle him was precious. The look on their faces as they would hold him was complete joy and love for such a little man.

Tom was pretty funny when he held him. He was rubbing his hair and came across his soft spot and knew he couldn't touch it. Then he looked at me and said, "If his head was harder and he didn't have a soft spot, I'd give him a very gentle noogie." Couldn't help but laugh.

When we got back to my mom's house, my brother Oliver and his family were there. They have a little man too named Ryder that is about two months old and so incredibly cute. I loved on him for a while and just wanted to snuggle him in tight. He is such a chunk! When he would get fussy, I'd hand him to Gary who always has had such a way with babies. He would calm right down when Gary would hold him and then when he was happy again, Gary would give him back to me to snuggle.

Mmmmmm, babies smell so great!

3 comments:

bestofthebishops said...

I am so happy that we got to see you guys while you were down! I love when Cohen has the chance to play with your boys. They are all so good to him and I always hope that he will learn from them. I think they all had fun together.
Tom's comment about the gentle noogie is hilarious!! Can't wait to see you all again.
i just love you.

The Gray Gang said...

Ahh! I am so excited to smell that brand new baby smell, and OF COURSE I find our the gender! We actually find out the week we get home! YAY! I am so excited!

Burrups said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I too love to hold babies.