Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cards and Shopping and Parties and Travel and and and and and

Christmas time is definitely here whether or not the snow is coming. Last night, we continued working on our Christmas cards - the ones that I was going to have stamped and ready before Christmas. The shopping is just about done. All we need to do is take the boys out individually to shop for the brother they drew this year. Then there is the neighborhood Christmas party that I keep forgetting about. Oh, it's in OUR garage. Guess I better remember. It's really not too big of deal. Everyone brings cookies to share and canned food for the food bank and then, as an added bonus this year, Santa will be joining us.

Gary and I sat down last night to talk about our holiday travel schedule that had been all worked out prior to the announcement of a preschool Christmas program on a Saturday night we had reserved to be in Oregon. Honestly. It looks like we may have to bump Oregon by a month and hopefully Dad will understand. The holidays are CRAZY when you have four kids with schedules and family in four states this year and shipping deadlines and only so many weekends and.....I better stop. I feel my blood pressure rising.

I do love Christmas and what it is really about though. Hopefully, amid all the hustle and bustle, we can all take a moment and think about the reason for the season and, as President Hinckley said, "Try a little harder to be a little better."

2 comments:

Burrups said...

It does get crazy around this time of year doesn't it. Good luck trying to squeeze it all in. Thanks for the reminder from Pres. Hinckley.

bestofthebishops said...

I really don't know how you do it! I'm just happy that the price of gas is down right now. That will hopefully take away from some of the stress that you are feeling. Can't wait to see you guys again over Christmas.