Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kids Say and Do the Darndest Things

Me: Logan, what did you have for lunch today?
Logan: Nachos and chocolate milk.
Me: Are the school nachos good?
Logan: Yeah! They are really really really damn good.
Me: (Trying not to be both shocked and laughing a little.) Damn good? Did you know that "damn" is a swear word?
Logan: (Looking shocked and horrified at the same time.) No... I won't say that again.

Later in the day we were driving to the kid Christmas party at Gary's office when Logan asked out of the blue, "Why does it say under like under a table and rest like you are having a rest?" (For those who take a minute or two to put it together, he was talking about policemen putting someone under arrest.

Ethan and Dylan were playing with all the pots and pans the other day so I took a chance to check email downstairs since I could hear every pan hit the floor right above me. After a few minutes, Ethan came downstairs yelling, "Help Mom! I'm stuck. Mom, help me. Help me Mom!" I looked over to see a sauce pan stuck on his head. He had been trying to get it off by pulling on the handle which pulled the pan on an angle and it wouldn't come off. After I quit laughing, I pulled it up evenly and it came off easily.

Tom was giving Dylan a piggy back ride around the house the other day and passed by Logan. Tom looked over and said to Logan, "When you were two, I gave you piggy back rides too." Logan replied, "I don't think so, you were only four!" The truth is that Logan was almost as big as Tom when they were two and four and there is no way Tom could have given Lo a piggy back ride!

Kids really do keep it interesting. I can't wait until Dylan can talk and add to this list!

5 comments:

Burrups said...

Thanks for posting! They gave me a good laugh for today.

The Gray Gang said...

Ha, thanks for the laugh!!! It was fun meeting Dylan!!! He and my Kevin had a great time together!!!

West Family said...

I loved the post! thanks for making me laugh! your kids are so cute and clever! who was serving with you when you were released? who is in the new presidency? you did a wonderful job when we lived there. i appreciate you!

Laura said...

I promise you he did not get the word Damn from me. he doesn't see me often enough. But now i have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. I can't wait to see you guys for Christmas.

ttcole said...

Aironn - You should check out my blog for Zander's latest! If you are interested e-mail me at
ttcole05@gmail.com, and I'll get you on the VIP list.

BTW - Alexa saw me doing the program and she said I should just put "Brother Bishop" down as doing the talks. I thought he would appreciate that!
Tina