Monday, December 15, 2008

With Every Calling Comes a Release

Yesterday the Primary Presidency I've been serving in for 3 1/2 years was released. It was kind of bitter sweet. The kids are amazing and Ethan will be joining Primary in a couple of weeks. It's been fun getting to know each of their personalities and watching kids that were in Sunbeams when we started, grow into little school kids who can read and answer questions. It is a very rewarding calling in most ways. It's also been a great place for me to serve while I've had Ethan and Dylan. Ethan was just a baby when we started and it worked well when he needed to be taken out or fed. It was the same for Dylan. He started Nursery for real last week so now I am kid free for two whole hours on Sunday. Weird. I don't remember the last time I was in Relief Society or Sunday School. That will take some getting use to. Sitting still for a whole hour without a baby to rock or take out. I am looking forward to hearing spiritual messages each Sunday and getting to know some of the new people in the ward that didn't have kids in Primary. There are so many faces that I don't have names for yet. I was reminded of a quote by President Uchtdorf that said, in part, every time you accept a calling, you also accept a release. It makes change a bit easier knowing that the four women replacing us are amazing and more capable than I ever felt. They are so full of love for the little kids that it radiates from them already!

1 comment:

Dani said...

I'm sure that will take some getting use to! I know you guys have all been wonderful.... my mom said there are some big shoes to be filled. You're going to rock with the scouts!!