Tuesday, October 14, 2008

They Grow Up SOOOO Fast

Last night Dylan and Ethan were exhausted from a day playing with the neighbor boys. They were both asleep before 7:30. In fact, at dinner Ethan wasn't really eating and Gary asked him if he wanted to just brush his teeth and go to bed. His response was, "No, just go to bed," and off he went to his bed. I think he was asleep before he got to his room.

Since it was just the big kids and parents, we decided to play a round of dominoes and then read scriptures for bed. It was so fun playing a real (sort of) game with the boys. When it was scripture time, Tom and Logan both took turns reading. It is still weird to me that they are old enough to actually read the Book of Mormon with us and it isn't just Gary and I doing it every night. We really slacked off this summer and are just getting started again. I know it shouldn't come as a surprise because the prophets have promised us this but, it really does bring an added measure of peace into our home. For some reason, I tend to think that nothing can bring that peace to OUR four fighting boys! It really does work though. We don't make it very far each night - sometimes only a handful of verses - but every little bit helps.

By the way, I've been waiting for some pictures to be developed before a post about our way cool and exciting weekend. Hopefully I'll get the pictures today!

4 comments:

Dani said...

Yea! I'm excited for pictures!
That Ethan is such a good kid, he's always just so happy!

...haha, my mom finally just deleted her blog because Kaci wouldn't stay off it. She kept making retarded posts acting like she was my mom, so mom had me delete it -she wanted me to comment to everyone that "she is deleting her blog because her retarded kid won't stay off it" but I told her I wasn't going to take the time to do that!
haha, good ol' Kaci!

Burrups said...

That is sweet! We were slackers with our scrpture study too this summer and have been better about it lately. I fully believe it brings peace to our homes too.

West Family said...

i have missed reading and looking at your blog - i appreciate what you have to share and it is fun to know a little about what goes on with you and your family - i love the pics of you and gary and reading about the great things your kids do - thanks! valerie

bestofthebishops said...

kevin & i look up to you and gary so much as parents. you set such a great example for us. thanks!
i can't wait to read scriptures with our boys. for now, we will have to settle with cohen folding his arms for nightly prayers. which of course we think is adorable.