Monday, October 6, 2008

Glacier National Park


Gary and I went on a great vacation. For any of you who haven't gotten away with just your spouse for a while, GO FOR IT! It was so nice to just spend time together without worrying about the kids. We drove to Kallispel, Montana the first day and even though the ride was over 8 hours, it was beautiful and time flew. The hotel was amazing and the scenery seemed to get better and better.


The next morning we drove into Glacier National Park. The road that goes over the top was closed for construction just past Logan Pass but it was still amazing. We hiked to Hidden Lake at Logan Pass and saw mountain goats and big horn sheep as well as quite a few interesting people. It was nice to be able to take our time and see what we wanted to see. There weren't very many people this time of year and the leaves were all changing colors making the ride to the top great.


The next day, we took our time driving around Flathead Lake on our way to Missoula. It is mostly Indian Reservation by the lake but it is more touristy than reservation. I guess it's suppose to be the largest freshwater lake this side of the Mississippi and it too is beautiful.


The next day we drove home to our kids and Grandma. I think I fell in love with Montana! I love the rural feel and the mountains and the trees. Thanks Dani and Grandma for making this trip possible by staying with the rug rats!

4 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

I love love love Montana... I think i could live there and be a mountain goat! Your trip sounded to fun! I'm glad you were able to go!

Lisa said...

I followed your link from Facebook. :) I used to live in Missoula before I moved to Utah. It really is a beautiful place. I haven't been there since I was 16 and would love to see if my old neighborhood is still surrounded by a forest. I hope you don't mind me taking a "peek" into your life.

Burrups said...

Sounds like it was very beautiful and fun get away. I am glad you got a break and were able to do that with just the two of you.

Anonymous said...

Have been thinking of you and your trip. Glad to hear all the "talk" was a success!!!

Woke up to 4+ inches of snow this morning. I bet you wish you were back in the neighborhood!!

Love you all LOTS!!

~Second Wife