Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Learning Curve

So, Gary was on his way to work and I noticed that there were a few dandelions next to his truck. Logan was out working in his "garden" - actually a place Gary parks his boat that is covered in bark and routinely sprayed to keep the weeds down. I made a deal with Logan that if he would pick and throw away the dandelions, I would pay him a dime for each one. I had heard horror stories about this kind of deal before but I could see the small patch of grass and could count on one hand how many flowers were in it, or so I thought. He came in and we began counting. He picked those that had turned yellow and actually bloomed as well as those that were yet to bloom. You gotta give the kid credit for going the extra mile if you ask me. Well, 75 dandelions and one paper IOU later because I didn't have $7.50 in cash, Logan went on his way smiling. I guess that means they only need $42.50 for their Wii now and there goes my lunch out one day! Out smarted by a six-year-old again.

1 comment:

Laura said...

are you sure those all came from your own yard? Or is he really out smarting you again? Hahahaha he is a funny kid!