Monday, April 14, 2008

The kids giveth and the kids taketh away

Sunday morning. There we were getting ready for church and Gary was talking to Logan about being a girl - their long standing joke. Logan told him that he wasn't a girl and that the only girl was me. When Gary asked him how he knew, Logan replied, "You know, can't you see the long hair and the sexy legs?" At that point we just lost it laughing. The kid cracks me up. Being a mom of four boys though, I'll take a complement where I can get it and went to church feeling pretty good about myself.

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon. Thomas, Logan and Ethan were jumping on the trampoline excited about the good weather while Gary was barbecuing and I was out holding Dylan so he wouldn't eat grass. They kept begging Gary to get on the trampoline to get them so finally I handed Dylan to Gary and jumped on. Just then Logan piped up, "AHHHHH! Run! It's the Swamp Monster!"

From sexy legs to Swamp Monster in less than 12 hours. That has to be a record.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hahahahaha I love it, Your boys have so much personality. Ray and I often find ourselves laughing after time spent with your family. They always catch us so off gaurd, and they are quite clever. Give it up to logan, maybe you are a swamp monster with sexy legs.

bestofthebishops said...

Please keep these stories coming. They make me laugh so hard! You have the cutest boys ever! Can't wait to spend time with you all next week.

Second Wife said...

I love the way you write!!!

Even though I don't chat with you as often as I would like, it is nice knowing I can get updates thru your blog.