Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Dentist and a 3 year-old

Apparently I've been missing for a couple of months. Things have been as crazy as ever and I've been feeling a bit under the weather and not much like writing but hopefully now I'm back in the swing of things.

So today was Ethan's first real check-up with the dentist - complete with x-rays and cleaning. I was bit worried that he wouldn't let them anywhere near his teeth so on the way there the bribery started. First I offered a call to Grandma if he was good but I could tell that wasn't a deal maker. So, after thinking about what he would like most that wouldn't break the bank, I told him we could take a treat to Gary at work if he was good. I don't know if it was that or if he was just in an extremely cooperative mood but the kid was GREAT!

When the hygienist asked if he would do x-rays, I said probably and sure enough he was on board for pictures of his teeth. He did everything she asked from opening his little mouth wide enough to clean them and then closing it to let the suction straw get everything out to talking to the dentist when he came in. What a trooper. And best of all, no cavities!

No comments: