Friday, February 26, 2010

Is He Really That Big?

Yesterday, Gary dropped a bombshell. On February 7, 2010, Dylan said his first prayer in Primary. Like a bitter-sweet dagger to the heart. I am so proud of him for even going to Primary and staying the whole hour - we are on a two-hour instead of three-hour church block here. I am so proud of him that he would actually agree to even say the prayer. I am so proud of him that he had the courage to repeat a portion of the words that his amazing Primary leader was saying before him.

But.......first prayer already? Really? If we were in a big ward or even a bigger branch where there were more children than just the Bishop boys coming to Primary, he would still be in nursery playing with blocks and singing Itsy, Bitsy Spider. They do bring toys in for him each week and he is learning so much by being in Primary but it's like my baby is growing up so much faster than I was ready for him to do!

As he told me this morning, "I not baby Dylan. I just Dylan!" Yep, the little boy is emerging more and more each day.

No comments: