Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cabin Fever.....Still

Dylan has a serious case of cabin fever. Whenever we are pulling back into the neighborhood from the market or Flagstaff or anywhere really, he starts to cry and say, "I don't want to go home!"

Winter has been long this year and there aren't many places here to take little ones to break up the monotony of being in the same house with the same toys and the same people day after day. He and Ethan play really well together which has definitely helped the last few weeks but he is ready for a change.

Until the last couple of days, the snow has been so deep that even putting on their snow clothes does not do any good. The snow is too deep to walk or even play in for a two-year-old! The last couple of days, though, the temps have been rising and the snow has been melting. Now it is the heavy, full of water type of spring snow. His little feet can stay on top if it and he can go out an explore on his own in our back yard again.

I have been finding him out front "shovelling" quite frequently lately. Now that he is big enough and strong enough to open both the back and front doors, he goes out when he wants. Now if I can only convince him that a coat is still necessary and that his hands will get freezing cold without gloves if he puts them in the snow, I think we'll be in business.

I'm not sure I'm ready for the mud that will come with Spring but I know I am ready for the snow to be gone for another year! Bring it on Spring! We're ready and waiting for you!

No comments: