Thursday, September 24, 2009

Danger Zone

This week we got to babysit a couple of cute kids while their mom was out of town and their dad was at work. They are three and two years-old, so they fit in perfectly with my boys. The youngest is an adorable little girl that is about the same size as Dylan, in other words, petite. The first day passed without incident. They played pretty well together and it made me realize just how energetic and noisy and full of it my boys are because our new friends were so quiet and nice. When their dad came to pick them up, they were still happy and healthy and wanting to come back. That was then.

Today is a different story. After a week of their mom being out of town, they are a bit more tired and cranky. Still adorable though and by far the easiest kids I've ever seen. I sent them out in the back yard this morning to play because Dylan was having a day and needed some space. The sun was out and the temperature had started to climb so it was perfect.

We have a trampoline and an old fashioned swing set and slide in the back yard to play with and they had a great time earlier in the week. Today, they hadn't been out there more than an hour before the sweet little girl started screaming/crying. Ut oh.

She had fallen off the slide ladder and when I say she scraped her face, that is an understatement. It is red from eye socket to jaw bone and from nose to half way to the ear on one side. Just scratched but the kind of scratch that looks awful. Why is it that kids only do this at other people's houses? How will the parents - that I barely know - handle it? What would you do if it were your kid? Only time will tell here.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Oh man...that stinks!! And it's so true, stuff like that only happens when you are watching someone else's kids! I hate that!!
(hehee...not that I have my own kids yet--just referring to Brody and Kaci) :)