Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Signs

There are signs all around that we really are moving. The most obvious is the real estate sign in the yard. Our house is finally listed with Premier Properties and Kim Brown. The listing is now on the MLS and the fliers showed up yesterday too. We have various things like a junior size basketball hoop and dog igloo on the front lawn with a for sale sign and plan a yard sale later in the month to get rid of all the stuff that we don't need and won't fit in our Tusayan home.

I thought I was handling all this pretty well but yesterday the movers came to do the walk through to see how much space on the truck we would need and how much our stuff would weigh - there is a weight limit I guess. When he was walking around and telling us the stuff they wouldn't move, I started to get a bit anxious. After he left, I sat down with the folder of information he left and started to read. There were lists of things to do at six weeks, four weeks, two weeks, and up to the day we leave and my anxiety level increased. It's a bit surreal still that we are really packing up in about six weeks and traveling south and it isn't for vacation.

Gary also booked our trip down next week to look at housing and schools and the office and everything else we are wondering about. I think by this time next week, I will feel a lot better because there won't be so much that is unknown. We will be able to answer some of the boys questions better too.

So, if you know anyone in the market for a great house in a great neighborhood, send them our way. Here is the link to the online listing:

http://www.kimsbrown.com/results.php?mls=534248&Submit=Submit

2 comments:

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

BOOHOOO!

bestofthebishops said...

Somedays I am okay with you moving and then other days I think how could you do this to me? You will pretty much be leaving me on my own now to deal with all of those "crazy people" at family gatherings! I know I am sounding so selfish. This will be such a fun adventure for your family!! Kevin has already talked about dates that we could make the LONG drive to visit!! I love you Aironn.

Happy house hunting!