Friday, June 12, 2009

Our New Home

First things first. The new school mascot. The boys were pretty impressed that they would now be the Grand Canyon Phantoms!
This is the front of the house. You've got to love the tree cut-outs in the shutters and the railing. We're definitely in the Forest Service now! I think the bushes out front are short lived. We call those "spider-hiders" and I really, really don't like them. I've got to figure out what sort of desert flower to plant in it's place.

This is the view out the front window. If you notice, this isn't really the grass you mow and keep neat and tidy. It's more of a mountain grass that grows in little bunches.


The backyard comes furnished with a swing set and two fire pits as well as a shed and cement pad that we think someone put a hot tub on at one time. It may be the new sand box location. We also have bunnies that live out here and a patch of cactus that is on the removal list.

This is just one of the three or four HUGE trees that are in the backyard. I can't believe we have trees this big! Gary is already talking about a tire swing and which tree would be the best option. I'm talking about which trees to string a laundry line between. Fun or dirty laundry? I may be out voted on this one!

1 comment:

Dani said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear that you're getting excited! The picuters look awesome...like you're up in the idaho mountians! :)
It looks just like you guys...and it sounds like a sweet place to be! I'm excited to hear how it all goes! ...and to hear how you like your new branch! It was quite a shocker for me....to go from big wards to an ity bity branch! Hehee...but I've really grown to like it. The people are so sweet, and it makes it easier to get to know everybody.
Good luck in the next few weeks! I'm going to miss seeing you guys when we come to Poki!