Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Dylan!












My letter to Dylan

My baby is 2 today. I can hardly believe you are that old. It seems like yesterday we found out we were expecting you and now you are a two-year-old full of personality and opinions and a funny little sense of humor. I love watching your personality evolve each and every day. It seems like over night you have grown from a baby to a little man, even though you'll always be my baby.

You have the sweetest smile. It is even sweeter because you don't give glimpses of it often. Not that you aren't a happy little man. Just reserved with your emotions. It usually starts with a smirk and then turns into a full-fledged smile that melts my heart every time I see it.

You also have your mischievous grin that comes a bit more freely. I can always tell when you are up to something by that look on your face. That and watching you search me or Dad out to make sure we are watching. You want to be old enough to do whatever your three older brothers are doing RIGHT NOW! Even though you are a petite little man still, you can keep up with Tom and Logan and Ethan, most of the time. You don't mind too much when they bounce you down on the trampoline as long as you get your turn to bounce too. You want to be in the middle of every wrestling match, ball game, bike ride, and trip to the park.

The past few months we have been able to watch your relationship with Ethan grow as you moved from a crib to a big-boy bed. I have found the two of you snuggled up together on more than one occasion with the Leapster or Nintendo DS between you. It's fun to watch both of you interact more with each other.

Every day you are also talking more and more. You have so much to say and you have such strong opinions for such a little guy! Favorite blanket, favorite cartoon, favorite book of the day, you are attached to things more than your brothers before you but, since you are my baby, I don't seem to mind as much when you want to carry your blanket around with you or take the matchbox car where ever we are going. It's just fun to watch you play and experience new things.

I love you Dylan and I am so glad you are part of our family!

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new move, it looks like it will be fun! I can't believe how big your boys are getting.